Nigerian LNG cargo heading for Portugal

first_imgImage courtesy of RENREN-operated Sines LNG import terminal in Portugal is to receive a new cargo of the chilled fuel from Nigeria.The cargo will be delivered from Nigeria LNG’s Bonny Island liquefaction plant onboard the dual fuel diesel electric (DFDE) LNG carrier LNG Lagos II.The vessel with the capacity to transport 177,000 cubic meters of liquefied natural gas was built by the South Korean shipyard Hyundai Heavy Industries and delivered to Bonny Gas Transport (BGT), a unit of Nigeria LNG at the end of 2015.Shipping data from the port of Sines shows that the LNG carrier is scheduled to dock at the terminal on July 18.NLNG’s Bonny Island facility has the capacity to produce 22 mtpa of liquefied natural gas from its six trains.Sines LNG terminal, located on Portugal’s Atlantic coast, has a nominal send out capacity of 600,000 cubic meters per hour (5.26 bcm per year), with a peak capacity of 900,000 cubic meters per hour. LNG World News Stafflast_img read more

Read More »

Dusautoir: Sexton is not a target

first_imgFrance captain Thierry Dusautoir has attempted to downplay Les Bleus’ determination to single out fit-again Ireland fly-half Johnny Sexton in Dublin on Saturday. France spent the early part of the week heaping the pressure on Sexton – but took an almost coordinated step backwards on Friday, with assistant coach Yannick Bru echoing Dusautoir’s sentiments. “I don’t view him as a target,” said France skipper Dusautoir, ahead of Saturday’s RBS 6 Nations clash against Ireland in Dublin. “This Ireland team has far too many threats and good players to focus solely on one. “He wouldn’t be playing if he hadn’t met all the concussion demands. “He’s not the only player with experience and power returning either: they have Jamie Heaslip and Sean O’Brien back, so I wouldn’t want to concentrate on one man like that. “It’s a team that has huge experience returning after Italy. “There’s a lot of strength in there; Sexton adds a lot of strength at half-back.” Former France international Laurent Benezech has labelled Ireland’s decision to pitch Sexton straight back into action after his enforced concussion absence as “a big mistake”. Toulouse flanker Dusautoir claimed the 29-year-old British and Irish Lion is not being seen as a target, despite France boss Philippe Saint-Andre telling his side to expose any weakness in Sexton, who returns after a 12-week concussion lay-off. Ireland have steadfastly maintained the position that Sexton is fine to return after his three-month absence for suffering four concussions in 12 months. France flanker Bernard Le Roux joked his Racing Metro club-mate Sexton should “wear a helmet” in Saturday’s Aviva Stadium battle. Les Bleus boss Saint-Andre was not being light-hearted when pledging to send wrecking-ball centre Mathieu Bastareaud straight down Sexton’s channel from the off this weekend. When it came to the turn of Dusautoir and Bru however, on Irish soil amid eve-of-match fervour, the France duo chose to diffuse what they could of the steadily-building intensity. “We respect him a great deal, he is a huge character – and we will not target him, we will just concentrate on our game, on our efficiency,” said France assistant coach Bru. “Obviously first of all it’s very bad news for us that Johnny Sexton is playing in this game, because it’s a different Ireland team with him than without him, as we saw last week. “To target him would be to forget that Joe Schmidt is very clever. “So we will play the game as though Johnny was not there. “We’ve worked a lot on what we can control: so with Johnny, Sean O’Brien and Jamie Heaslip back fit: it’s good news for Ireland but bad news for us.” France will face a former Clermont coach for the second time in as many Six Nations weeks, after seeing off Vern Cotter’s Scotland 15-8 in Paris last weekend. Former Toulouse hooker Bru admitted France’s players “expect to be surprised” by wily Ireland boss Schmidt’s ever-expanding repertoire of set plays, that he adapts according to each opponent. “He’s clever and he works well, he’s a tough coach,” said Bru of Schmidt. “The guys know that they will be surprised. “We are arriving at a place where he will want to attack us. “We know him as a coach, and the guys expect to be surprised.” Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More »

Dzeko: City’s swagger is back

first_imgManchester City striker Edin Dzeko felt the spirit of last season was returning as the champions thrashed Newcastle to reinvigorate their title defence. Dzeko was among the goalscorers as City ran out 5-0 victors at the Etihad Stadium – their biggest win of the campaign – to cut Chelsea’s lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League to five points. City netted 102 goals in winning the competition last year but have been well below that exhilarating standard this term, and questions were asked of their durability during a recent poor run. The 28-year-old said: “I am happy with the goal. It finally came back to me after those two injuries when I didn’t play much, didn’t score so many. Hopefully I’m back too.” While City can now look forward to Tuesday’s visit of Barcelona in the Champions League in good heart, Newcastle need to pick themselves up after a demoralising afternoon. The Magpies were comprehensively outplayed and such was the paucity of their performance that it was described as “pathetic” by their record goalscorer Alan Shearer on television. Joe Hart did make one good save to deny Papiss Cisse, but the score was already 3-0 by then. Newcastle remain in mid-table, 10 points above the bottom three, but manager John Carver admitted there needed to be considerable improvement before next week’s home clash with struggling Aston Villa. Carver said: “We all know this, there are three divisions within the Premier League and we know where we are. “If you get something at a stadium like this, it is great. If not, it is not good but it is how you deal with it. “It wasn’t a good day at the office but when we get back to work on Monday we will do everything in our means to get three points against Aston Villa. That puts more pressure on us because we have to win these games in this division. “I don’t think the players gave up on the situation – I think they genuinely gave what they have – but it wasn’t good enough. “Sometimes you just have to say we were beaten by a better side with world-class players.” Manuel Pellegrini’s men went four games without a league win early in the new year, allowing Chelsea to stretch ahead, but a 4-1 win at Stoke, followed by Saturday’s success, has changed the mood. Dzeko said: “I think the first half was maybe one of the best this season. Recently maybe we didn’t play the best football, didn’t score so many goals, but in the last two games we scored nine and hopefully we are back to normality – like we played last season. We have to continue.” City needed just 24 seconds to take command of the game, as the highly impressive Dzeko seized on a mistake by Vurnon Anita to win a penalty. Sergio Aguero struck the from the spot – his 22nd goal of the season – and Samir Nasri and Dzeko joined him on the scoresheet inside the opening 21 minutes. A quickfire double from David Silva early in the second half put the seal on victory and City might have had three more but for three good saves from Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul. One of those stops denied Wilfried Bony, City’s £25million January signing, a debut goal after he appeared off the bench for the final 30 minutes. “The goalkeeper made a great save,” Bony said. “I was a little bit disappointed but when I saw the result I started to laugh. It would be great if I scored but I will take it next time.” Regardless of Bony’s failure to score, it arguably appeared he had already made an impact with his presence on the bench bringing the best out of Dzeko. The Bosnian, who was hampered by calf injuries after last scoring in September, was a handful throughout. As well as winning the penalty and scoring he set up Nasri’s goal and both created chances and had some himself. Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More »