49ers Ray McDonald Will Not Be Charged With Domestic

Ray McDonald, the San Francisco 49er whose career rested on whether he would be charged with domestic violence, will not be indicted, as officials in San Jose said Monday there is not sufficient evidence to pursue the matter.After the Ray Rice case, much attention was focused on McDonald and how his situation would play out. He was arrested on Aug. 31 on felony domestic violence charges after an incident that occurred at his San Jose home. A woman believed to be his fiancée was noted to have “visible injuries.”McDonald cooperated  with officers on the night of the incident and gave a follow-up interview later. Since then, the investigation has not wrought enough to charge him.“Conflicting versions of the event, a lack of verifiable eyewitnesses and a significant lack of cooperation from Jane Doe; we cannot prove a crime occurred,” said Lindsay Walsh, Santa Clara Deputy District Attorney in charge of the case. “In this particular case, there were particular pieces of information missing.”“Jane Doe” was McDonald’s unidentified fiancee.The 49ers said in a statement: “The issue of domestic violence is important to us, as it is throughout society. We have taken this allegation seriously, just as we have taken the principles of due process seriously. We have said from the beginning that we will consider the information available, allow the facts to lead to our decisions and respect the judicial process.“Based on the information available to us and the District Attorney’s decision not to file charges, there will be no change in Ray’s status with the team.”The DA’s office said Monday for the first time that McDonald’s fiancée made a 911 call from the house at 2:41 a.m., a few minutes after McDonald had called 911 saying that he needed to get “a female” out of his home, according to the DA’s office.According to Walsh, McDonald’s fiancée “never used the words ‘choking,’ ‘grabbing,’ ‘punching’”—”anything of that nature” during her interview with police. When police attempted to interview her two days later and take additional photographs, she refused.Walsh said that McDonald’s fiancée said McDonald struck her and was restraining her. However, the investigation revealed that McDonald’s fiancée hit him first. read more

Read More »

High B Grade for 2015 High School CXC test takers

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:akierra missick, b grade, CSEC, high school, ministry of education Ministry of Education & Digicel team up for Learning Hub Recommended for you Education Minister touts new ICT platform for Public Schools Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 21 Aug 2015 – The Turks and Caicos this year recorded a higher CSEC national average and the Ministry of Education is delighting in the slight but increased cumulative performance of high-school students nationwide. There were 1,902 candidates; 685 males and 1,217 females who earned the high ‘B’ grade with 78.65% which topped 2014’s 76.39%. Education Minister, Deputy Premier, Akierra Misick said: “It is very important to my government that we continue to see year on year growth during our term, in order to set a standard that will continue upwards for years to come.” There was a 16.4% performance on Grade I passes; a 30.81% pass rate on Grade II and 30.97% in Grade III results. Candidates really shone in areas of business where there was a 98.59% pass rate; in Home Economic Management where there was a 98.31% pass rate; Physical Education, where the pass rate was 96.88% and Music and Clothing and Textiles where 100% of those taking the CSECs in those subjects, passed the test. Lowest performance was in Electrical and Electronics with only 36% passing; also concerning was 210 students who missed out on their examinations altogether; 79 boys and 131 girls. Ministry of Education introduces pilot programlast_img read more

Read More »